Thursday, January 27, 2011

Family

Ethel Watts Mumford once said, 
"God gives us our relatives- thank God we can choose our friends."


Today, I am thankful for all the "family" I have.  There are a great many of them that I haven't seen since I was a child and even more that I haven't even met!  But, God must have chosen this bunch of crazies to be my family for a reason!  Surely.... ?


I am also eternally grateful that until not so long ago, I still had all four of my biological grandparents alive and in my life!  I have a few surrogate grannies around the place (but they don't know who they are, so I won't mention them again).  At this point in time, three of my grandparents are alive and kicking!  I thank God that I know them and they know me.  


Though I must add that I disagree with Ms Mumford.  God chose my friends too and He did a much better job than I ever could! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!