Thursday, March 17, 2011

It seems I told a lie

I know I said that I wasn't going to post anything for a week or so BUT it is Thursday which means Thank You Day!  I have been reminded recently of how important it is to be thankful for the little things, and to show that appreciation to others.  It's also helpful when things aren't going so well, to remember what is good about your life... even if it seems insignificant.  So today, I actually have a list.


Things I am thankful for today, Thursday 17 March 2011

  1. I live in a house that has hot  running water, air conditioning and locks on the doors.
  2. I have a bed to sleep in and clothes and shoes to wear.  
  3. I have the coolest house mate/ land lady (hehehe) ever!!!!
  4. My parents love me, are close by and still alive.
  5. I have some amazing children in my life... my nephews and niece, my students and the kids at church.
  6. I have some lovely teenagers and young adults in my life... and I have learned from them.
  7. While I wouldn't say I have my health... I can function in most cases (sort of) on my own.  
  8. I have a job ready and waiting for me as soon as I am able to take it.
  9. I have worked alongside some very kind, polite, intelligent people (some of them are only one of those things but that's ok), and I have learned a great deal from them.  
  10. There is food in our pantry, money in my bank account and Nan is still willing to loan me $50 every now and then!  

BTW Happy St Patrick's Day!!!