Friday, October 21, 2011

On the side of Caution

Today I was "Googling" gift websites.  I call it research.  I came across a few quizzes.  You know the type.. "test your gift giving etiquette" etc.  So, I decided to take the test.  I did not do well.  Here is why: I erred on the side of caution.  There are some gift giving rules that it is now acceptable to break (e.g. necessity of thank you notes) but I still live by those rules.  At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the rules say.  It matters that you are comfortable with your conduct within the arena of the  gift giving gauntlet.  So, if it feels right to you, it is right.  If you are unsure though... I have said it before and I will say it again.... consideration: always consideration!  


PS if you say "consideration" lots of times it sounds really weird.