Thursday, November 24, 2011

Leaders of the Future?

A few weeks ago, I was asked to supervise a year 12 class while they finished up an assignment.  Their usual teacher was away sick.  The students arrived promptly, we entered the classroom and they got straight to work.  There were a couple of boys who were done, so I asked them to go to my office and get a pile of butchers' paper from my desk (my year 9 students had completed a brainstorming activity earlier in the day and I wanted to collate their responses).  The boys were happy to oblige. 

After about 20 mins (far longer than it should have taken) the boys returned and asked, "is this it, Miss? or did you want the one that wasn't broken?" 
Bear in mind, ladies and gentlemen, I asked for butchers' PAPER. 


You gotta laugh or you'll cry!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!