Monday, April 2, 2012

i don't have a great title

I don't know how to label this... so I won't.

There have been a miriad of F words in my life of late. 
Frustration
Fear
Final
Friend
Foe
Friendless
Feedback
Form
Feel
File
Fast
Futile
Fragile
Fight
Failure
Fix
Flex
Foundation
Fundamental
Fish
Find
Follow
Forget

These are obvioulsy in no particular order.  The other F word is the naughty one.  It has been used by the young people in my life.  One student decided to insert a pile of "F" words into a page of notes that I asked him to take down.  He was angry with me that day, because I changed the seating plan and did not allow him to sit at the back of the room.  Another child wrote it backwards on the outer window of my classroom so that my students would be able to read it without straining.  I reprimanded him of course... but I had to tell him how impressed I was with his spelling.  Another incident of "F" words was a youngin' texting it to his big brother in frustration.  You see the big bro was teasing him.  He didn't like it and instead of saying "stop I don't like it" the way grown ups tell him to, he chose to call him an F head.  I have to admit I was also impressed with his spelling, as I know how he struggles.  I will get back to my rant about "Stop I don't like it" later. 

There is really very little point to my titleless rant today, except to say, that the letter F has been at the Forefront (two f's) of my mind.  There must be a reason for that... I just don't know what it is. 

Fare thee well