Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shortlist Announced!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned that this year, 2012, is the  National Year of Reading in Australia.  NYR12 is the reason that my blog reading list has swelled to number blogs in the twenties.  I'm not sure if this is a big number by regualr standards, but we all know that I am not regular!

To the point... I am very excited that the Children's Book Council of Australia has released the shortlist for their Annual Book of the Year Awards!!! I am also excited that I am familiar with a few of the author's and have at least heard of half of them.   
You can follow this link: http://networkedblogs.com/vX3yH to view the list.  I found it on the Children's Book Review blog so I'm sure there will be additional information including reviews of the shortlisted books. 

I found it interesting that at least two of the books are linked to currect Australian Curriculum Units.  There may be more, however I am only familiar with year 8 and 9 English units and frankly, that is quite enough. 

Happy Reading!
:) M