Thursday, September 20, 2012

Daddy's Home!

I am not going to comment on the stupidity of the particular phrase when guys say this to chicks.  "Daddy's Home"  I mean, really?! But I'm not commenting.

Anyway, this time it is true... literally. 

My Dad is HOME! 

He can walk and talk and breathe and eat and sleep all by himself.  He still has quite a bit of pain and isn't very hungry and he is really really really tired.  BUT, he is home.  He is sleeping in the chair.  Mum cried when she picked him up from hospital in the morning, because she was so happy to be bringing him home.

We are all very happy. 

So, now I get to hang out at home with him, which I think he is very happy about.

He told me I didn't have to sit in the same room with him, which means... "go away, but not too far."

I never thought watching my Dad walk from the car to the front door and fall into the chair would seem like such a big deal, but it was.  We filmed it. 

What am I thankful for this Thursday?
Daddy's Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!