Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful for...


Today is exactly one week since Dad came home from hospital.  I’m thankful that he is still at home.  I’m thankful that he is doing okay.  I’m thankful for the people who have called us, sent cards and visited Dad.  I’m thankful for the people who prayed for Dad’s healing and I’m thankful for their prayers. 

I’m thankful that I’m on holidays.  I’m not so thankful that I am still catching up from school work last term, but that’s life.  

I'm also thankful for the internet, dictionary.com and thesaurus.com and Pinterest.  Can you imagine having to get up and walk away from the computer to look up the meaning of a word in the dictionary?!  It would be like living in the stone ages.  LOL.  Can you imagine having to create something from scratch without getting inspiration from other like minded people all over the world?  It would be so lonely.... remember when we were so lonely girls?!

I'm thankful that today, my niece is coming to my house for a "sleepover" just for the big girls.    She is my eldest niece and for a long time, she was the only "little girl" in the house.  We have had a few goes at this sleepover and a few different things got in our way.  So, finally, it is on!  I'm so excited.  I can't wait to play with doll, draw and paint and read and twirl to music and watch chick flicks together.  I will tell you what we get up to after we get up to it.  
Happy Thursday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!