Monday, December 24, 2012

Cubby Houses and Christmas Gift Wrap and Best Laid Plans

Trust me!  I composed the post below YESTERDAY! However, my internet connection has been rather dodgy and my mouse (the computer kind) died! So, while it appears that I have missed two days in a row, I really only missed one.  The plan today, is to post again before the day is out, because I know you must have missed me!! However, I can't promise anything because the internet connection is still a bit wobbly.  

Love! 



#################################################################################
Sorry! 

I missed yesterday and I almost missed today!  What a weekend. 
First, I promised photos of our most extraordinary cubby house.
This is the view from the side.  You can see the whole thing here.
The area under the blue roof is Hagrid's room.
Hopefully you can see inside.
You will notice the books scattered on the floor.
The best thing to do in a Cubby is read.
We had Tiny Teddies and water too. 
This is the view from the front door
(before you bob down  to crawl inside)












Yesterday, I slept late and the rest of the day was spent wrapping gifts.  The plan to do one present at a time and “not make a mess” did not come to fruition.  I had every intention of staying tidy and following the plan, but I pulled out the first bag and then I needed something that was at the bottom of the box and by the time I found it, the mess was made! Anyway, I tried another “loopy bow” with paper and it worked okay.  Then, I tried another loopy bow, but with curling ribbon.  There seemed to be a tangle of ribbon every step of the way.  The end result was very different, but it looks kind of cool in my opinion.  What do you think?









Today: I went to church and had lunch with the family and had my dress altered (love ya Mum) and sold a trumpet (Dad thinks I’m awesome) and gave Nan her present (she thinks I’m awesome too) and then I went to my Sister’s house and then the Chemist and then back to Church for our Annual Christmas Carol Service.  See, I told you it was a busy day!!

Tomorrow is the BFF’s birthday.  The poor girl was born on Christmas Eve and has to share HER day with Santa’s world travel.  This, in my opinion, is rather rude.  Therefore, tomorrow is going to be all about the BFF.  I have some nice little surprises planned for her, but I can’t tell you what they are, because she is sitting right beside me on the couch and even though she probably can’t see my screen, I don’t want to underestimate her super powers!  The BFF is a Super Hero, you know!  Not only that, she is my biggest blog fan and reads this thing religiously, so I don’t want to spoil the surprise. 

Did you read that girlfriend? No hints! No Peeking!  You will have to wait until tomorrow!!! :D

I do hope tomorrow is a Joy for everyone, and you all take a little bit of time to sit still and remember the real Reason for the Season (Luke 2 : 1-21).

Happy Holidays