Thursday, October 3, 2013

FUTSAL FANATIC

I never thought it was possible.  Many said it would never happen.  They can hardly believe it and neither can I!  But, the proof is in the pudding and I love pudding.  There is no denying it, there were too many witnesses.  

I am a convert.  I can no longer keep it a secret.  I LOVE FUTSAL!!!! 



Futsal is 5-a-side indoor soccer.  It is a fast game with 20 minute halves and a harder ball.  It is played on a netball court (with soccer lines).

I can't control my excitement at these games and I am sitting (LITERALLY) on the edge of my seat as I watch the ball roll and bounce and the players slip and trip and kick and run.  I was even cheering on my team!! 


This new phase of sports spectator nuttiness might have something to do with my Nephew (remember #1?) representing QLD in the National Futsal Competition this week.  It might.  


What a week?!  I'm really very tired.  You wouldn't have thought I would be, I was just watching, but I had chest pains during the FINALS!!! That's right!! My little man was in the FINALS! I'm so proud.  It's hard to believe that I held him in my arms as a baby and changed his nappies and kicked the soccer ball with him in the backyard.  Now, he is a FINALIST and a NATIONAL CHAMPION for his age group.  

Will wonders never cease?! 

Will I ever use the exclamation mark appropriately?

Will the capital letters GO AWAY?

I'm getting on a plane home in a few hours and then the roller coaster of getting organised for school will begin.  I'll be back in a day or so.  First, I have to go and cuddle my Shelly and hope she doesn't scratch my eyes out for being away so long.  

Nap time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!