Friday, November 15, 2013

When M's away, we will Partay!




M’s having a nap; Shelly and I are having a partay!!
While M’s away the kitty will play.  We have been having a blast browsing on the internet and catching up with all of Shelly’s kitty friends.  As you can see


 


M said I could blog as long as I showed everyone a Shelly favourite.  The toy I’m going to show you today is actually one of my favourites too.  I don’t play with it, I just watch M and Shelly play with it and find the whole performance rather entertaining.  It intrigues me to watch Shelly playing with what must be one of her most loved toys and having such a marvellous time.  She is mesmerised by this handmade toy (M made it) and, to be honest, she goes a little nutty for it.  Have you even seen a cat hide behind furniture, dive under coffee tables, dance around in circles, run through people’s legs then freeze like a statue before pouncing on a PIECE OF STRING?! 
I have, and I will tell you it is hilarious. 



Actually, the first time it is hilarious, but after that it is kind of peculiar.  It is especially perplexing when one realises that Shelly must know that it is simply a piece of string.  Shelly is rather bright so she must have figured out that M is just dangling it in front of her, flicking it around, hanging it from door handles, or just holding it and twitching every now and then.  Sometimes she drags it behind her as she races through the house with Shelly in hot pursuit.  Sometimes, she’s  just carrying it from one room to another when Shelly begins stalking her and attacks the string when M has finally dropped it in the toy box.  I love Shelly very much.  I wouldn’t let just anyone walk all over me like she does (literally), but she can be a tad eccentric at times.  I just don’t get it!  I realise M made it for her and they love each other and stuff.  I get that Shelly is still really a kitten.  But, it’s a piece of string.  Is she serious?



Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.  M said I had to tell you that she used two types of wool.  One was a multi-coloured knitting wool and the other was a plain tanned wool.  She just tied a bunch of strands together and plaited them before tying it up with another piece of string.  She plaited the coloured one first then the tanned one.  It was as ‘simple’ as tying the two plaited pieces together and that was that.  


M calls it “the tail” because she thinks that when it is lying on the floor and gets pulled around a corner the tanned plait end looks like a lion’s tail twitching as the lion sleeps.  I think I’m starting to see why Shelly and M get on so well. 

Seriously people. It’s a piece of string. 

Hagrid 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!