Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Great Honesty of Children



Popular Quotes www.MyPinterestQuotes.com

Last week I went to the hairdresser and got myself a perm.  I was very pleased.  The curls are quite small, but when it settles - and it is - they will be just right.  At the end of the day, I'm the only one who has to like my hair, and I do.  But, that is not all there is to it - this week.  Everyone feels the need to say something about the big style change - the nephews and nieces are no exception.  Here are some matter of fact words from Nephew number 4.  

"M, your hair is really curly.  You look ridiculous."  

Girls with curly hair - http://www.jokideo.com/As if this delightfully uncensored opinion wasn't enough, Mr number 4 felt the need to share.  When we reached the top of the stairs - entering the family home - he announced the following.  

"Hey Dad, M looks ridiculous!"   

My bro-in-law, smiled and shook his head.  My sister laughed, "You gotta love that kid, he tells it as he sees it."  

Ever the teacher, I informed my dear nephew that telling people they look ridiculous is unkind.  I suggested that next time someone gets a new hair style that he thinks is silly, he could smile and keep it to himself.  
This advice probably fell on deaf ears, but we will see.

Gotta Laugh




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!