Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Kids' Book Review: Review: Wombat Goes to School

Yesterday, I went shopping!  My newest niece - number 8 - was born last week and she NEEDS some pretty clothes from me so she can say, "M gave me this fabulous outfit, isn't she awesome?!"  Like any good Aunty, school teacher and literacy genius, I also purchased a book for her.  While I was in the children's book section, I was delighted to discover the latest addition to the Wombat Diary series.



 Matched with illustrations that tell a story of their own, the simple language makes this an engaging text for young readers and their grown ups alike! When I brought it home and reveled in the experience of a new picture book, I was once again captivated by the classic French and Whatley magic.  This has quickly become another gem in my treasured children's literature collection.  But don't take my word for it, check out this review from my friends at KBR.

Kids' Book Review: Review: Wombat Goes to School: A wombat going to school? Why not? Do you honestly expect them to do nothing but sleep, scratch and eat grass all day? Wombats are clever ...



In case you're wondering... the book I bought for number 8 was "Time for Bed" written by Mem Fox and illustrated by Jane Dyer.  It is also a lovely bed time read aloud with a rhyming text that promises to send any youngster off to dreamland with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!