Friday, May 8, 2015

A week has passed

I am writing today because I know that I haven't written for a week and the post before that was probably a whole week earlier.  So, this sentence a day thing isn't working out quite as well as I would have liked.  I wonder why I can't seem to meet these goals.  

Often, I shift the blame onto my work and how I feel when I arrive home and finally let go.  Not to mention the work that I bring home with me, which takes up time too.  Then there is my difficulty with writing - at times.  You would think I should be able to come up with a sentence.  You would think. 

Anyway, back to news.  

This week, I received an invitation to a birthday party.  My niece, # 8 is about to turn one.  That's right, it is almost 12 months since my dear sister popped her out. What a lovely turn of phrase that is.  My niece, #5, is hosting the grand event at which the family will celebrate the first anniversary of #8's birth.  The 5th created a cute invitation and emailed it to the family.  The invitation gave us information about the party and asked for RSVP.  
In case you aren't as surprised by this as me, I will remind you that #5 is only 9 years old.  I teach teenagers who wouldn't know how to create an invitation so well. My surprise and excitement increased when I read that a jumping castle will be hired for the children to use.  

My sister buys the low grade jumping castle that isn't big enough for adults.  Rude!  So, I never get to play in it.  =(

You might be wondering how I replied to my niece's brilliant invitation... too bad if you're not.  

Dear #5,
I wouldn't miss it for the world.  #8 is very lucky to have a big sister like you to organise her party.  My big sister never booked a jumping castle for my birthday! 
Love M



















At least that was more than a sentence.