Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The end of the year... reflections and plans

As the calendar year draws to a close, people are reflecting on the year that was and making big plans for the year ahead.  What did 2015 bring you?  What do you want to do in 2016?

Facebook started the Year in Review App in early December.  It automatically selects 10 photos from your newsfeed over the year.  Then, you post it as a status update.  If you want to you can choose different photos to have on your Review instead.  My sister said that 10 photos was simply not enough.  She would post at least 10 photos each week - sometimes more.  When there are 8 growing children in the house there is always a lot happening.  There are sporting events and birthdays and holidays and learning.  Then there is the extended family too. 

Some bloggers like to do a year in review as well.  The re-post the most popular articles from the year.  I think my "Best Of" is doing that well enough. 

My year has seen some interesting things.  Boyfriends.  Girlfriends.  Family Illness.  Parties.  Milestones.  Accidents.  Holidays.  Funerals.  Celebrations.  Gifts.  Mistakes.  People moving away, forward, onward.  Heartbreak.  Confusion.  Learning.  Great Revelations.  Achievements.  Loss.  Discoveries.  Hurts.  Joys.  Healing.  Rest.  Hard Work.  Surprises.  It has been quite a ride. 

For the first time in quite a few years, I feel like I am ending the year, a different person than I was when I began.  I feel like I'm a better person.  I have lost friendships, loves, possessions.  I have gained closer relationships, love, my independence.  I have let go of many things that were holding me back.  I'm ready to let go of more things.  I'm ready to be that very real and much better person that I have been hiding. 

I didn't think I had plans for 2016.  I like to think I'm not going to make grand plans and not follow through with any of them.  Truth told, I will make plans - for my home, for my classroom, for my time, for this blog.  Some of those plans will prove to be pipe dreams.  Some of those plans will happen.  That is how life goes.  Sometimes, life happens and the plans have to wait. 

My plan for the coming year is a simple one... Be Real - Put my Family First.

It sounds simple anyway!