Friday, May 20, 2016

A Writing Prompt: 5 things I like about myself!

This is a tough writing prompt.  Can I really come up with 5 things that I like about myself? Really?
Perhaps we should make it 3 things I like about myself.  Let's see how we go. 

  1. I am intelligent and I can solve problems.  There are days when being so intelligent can be frustrating.  Being so intelligent sometimes means other people don't understand what I say and I don't like being misunderstood.
  2. My sense of humour.  It is the only thing that hasn't ever really changed about myself. No matter how crazy I became or how depressed, the same things made me laugh.  I make myself laugh too.  I like that.
  3. I'm different.  I like that I'm different.  I don't necessarily like all the things that make me different, I'm working on that.  I do like that I'm different.  I like that I don't look like you, or think like him or talk like her. I like that I see the world differently and that I live in it differently. 
  4. I like how I have grown.  I like that, even though my sense of humour is the same, I am not.  I have grown up.  I like that in the past ten years nothing has gone to plan (although I didn't like it at the time) and as a result I have grown up a lot.  I hope that I will grow even more and become a better person everyday. 
  5. I like my family.  Yes, they are 'about me' because they make me who I am.  My parents taught me everything they know.  My sister taught me everything my parents didn't know.  My nieces and nephews continue to teach me everyday- they challenge my thinking and show me how to live - one day at a time, with my eyes wide open. 
I did it! I found 5 things that I like about myself. 

That's that then.