Friday, July 8, 2016

Best of AGT: An Inexplicably Great List.

This month is I'm sharing my choices for the Best Of AGT.  I'm posting five posts that I think are among my best.  Last week, I reposted a poem.  This week, a definition and a list. 

My love of this particular list is inexplicable.  The original post first appeared on AGT on 11 March, 2011.  That was almost FIVE years ago!  That's INCONCEIVABLE! 

Check out this wonderful word and lovely list!

Defined by Dictionary.com

in·ex·pli·ca·ble

[in-ek-spli-kuh-buhl, in-ik-splik-uh-buhl] Show IPA
adjective
not explicable; incapable of being accounted for or explained.
There are several phenomena that are simply inexplicable.  I don't know why and I have decided that I don't care to.

  1. Easter eggs taste better than regular chocolate.
  2. Kids can smell fear, insincerity and sugar.
  3. Many people take rumour as a fact simply because it was on the news.
  4. People can see the fault in others far more clearly than in themselves.
  5. Some people seek reasons to complain.
  6. My bed looks better when it is made (I think I have mentioned this before).
  7. I think this way and most people think that way. 
  8. Pinterest is taking over the world.
  9. Technology is scary and exciting and wonderful and frustrating and terrible and innovative all at the same time.
  10. A good list has to have ten points. 

That's life.  Sometimes, it can't be explained and that's okay.