Friday, December 30, 2016

As the end of the year draws near

All the gifts have been unwrapped. The post Christmas sales have begun.  Mum has packed up the Christmas tree and hidden the gingerbread house.  The tinsel is not so shiny as it litters the floor. 

People are making plans for New Year's Eve. We will be going to bed early and getting up on New Year's Day at the same time we always wake. Unless we have a bad night.  One year, I remember trying to get to bed early on New Year's Eve only to discover that several of my neighbours were hosting parties to welcome the new year, so I didn't get much sleep. You can read about that night, here

In rather a nostalgic exercise, I'm going to recap 2016 here on AGT.  It was a big one. 

The year began with a new year's resolution: I'm going to publish one post on AGT every week.  Now it will end with a huge smiley face of success!! Including this post, I have published 56 posts this year, which is at least one a week and a few extras thrown in for good measure! 
Shelly thinks I deserve a high-five and I agree!

I seemed to catch some sort of crafting bug last year, and I have got a little more ambitious this year.  Making: toys for Shelly (and our other feline friends), cards for every occasion, gift bags and party decorations.  I even did some cooking which, for some strange reason, didn't make it to a post. 

Planning my niece's 10th birthday party (with the FROZEN theme) was a huge start to the year and was heaps of fun! Of course you didn't hear about all the fabulous Frozen Fun until March. 

The Awesome Aunty course was published this year too, way back in January.  I hope it has helped lots of ladies to be the Amazing Adult Pals that every kid deserves to have in their life.  The HOW TO BE A CARER series was started in October this year as well and I hope it is helping people who have taken on the huge responsibility of caring for a loved one. 

Dad's health deteriorated this year and doctors told us that he would not live past May.  He is lying in bed dozing peacefully, as I type this.  He is quite the fighter, my dad.  Dad has always had health problems and our family grows closer as we continue to ride the rollercoaster of his illnesses.  Our daily lives revolve around Dad and his health.  We are always grateful to our Heavenly Father, for the daily miracle of Dad's life.  Every moment of lucid conversation, every kiss, every smile, every hug, is a precious.  We are so blessed.

This year has been one wild ride.  I am happier than I have been for a long time.  Strangely! 
I really like myself, so much more than I ever have before.  Do I have goals for 2017?  Maybe.  Do I know what they are? Not yet.  Isn't that what January is for?

I hope you hang around to see what 2017 brings. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it!