Friday, May 26, 2017

Cards in MAY

It's been a little while since I showed you the cards that I have been making.  In fact, I have a feeling the April Card collection didn't even get published! 

While it is May, some of these cards were probably made in April and a few may even have been made in March.  Check out this Pinterest board to see the cards that inspired me while I planned and created these cards. You can also check out this one for tips and tutorials

First, we have a birthday card for my Niece's 3rd birthday. She LOVES Peter Rabbit. 





I used a window card and two different sized circle punches. 
The rectangles were cut with the Cuttlebug. 

Mothers' Day!!

Check out the lovely cards I made for my Mum, Nan and Grandma.


Obviously, this isn't your conventional Mothers' Day Card. 
But, my mum LOVES animal prints. She specifically likes
leopards, tigers, cheetahs and zebras.  She also loves the colour RED!


Nanny taught me everything she knows about being a Cat Lady!
Shelly loves to help with the cards I make for her. 
This was also made using two different circle punches and a pair of scissors. 
Once I had all the shapes it was a simply matter of layering. 

This one was for Grandma. 
I tried a new hexagon embossing folder!
The border is a striped washi tape by Scotch.
The banners are from Lawn Fawn.
The hexagon border around the flowers was part of a nested die set. 
I also tried a new stamping technique for the flowers. 
Good thing Grandma can't see too well!  ;)

The BFF was running a Mothers' Day stall and she was making cards, gift tags and other bits and pieces for the children to buy for their mothers OR the significant women in their lives.  I made some generic cards that could be given to any adult although they are probably a bit girly.  All but two of them sold.  You can probably guess which ones, although I don't actually know which ones didn't sell because they were donated and will go into the next stall.  Check this out.


Washi tape, Gold ink, Butterfly stamps,
stickers and a few encouraging stamps.  Easy!
These two cards look simple, which is what I love about them.
They actually took a long time. 
They were easy to make, but they took a long time.
I had a flower punch and used a dots embossing folder. 


This card was very easy and quick to make.
Washi tape background.
A circle punched in co-ordinating colours.
A circular stamp. 
It was so easy and quick, I made a few of them.


That's that then.
There are some more birthdays in the family and a few big events coming up that I want to tell you about.  I have some Awesome Aunty Insights to share and if I run out of things to say, Shelly will always be getting up to something! So stay tuned!

Have a great week!