Monday, August 7, 2017

BIG WORDS: Paraprosdokians

I found this post in the old archive and it made me smirk. It was originally posted here. Enjoy:

A brand new word for you to learn!

Paraprosdokian: (noun) a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; this is frequently used in a humorous situation.
For example: "Where there's a will, I want to be in it."  

Here are a few more for you...

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong."

It seems to me, Paraprosdokian, is just a fancy word for: "a funny t-shirt"

If you want to enjoy some more Paraprosdokians, click here.

One more for the road... 


Much Love