Friday, September 8, 2017

August Card Collection

I have been making LOTS of cards.

There was a Fathers' Day Stall at a friend's church activity, so I contributed some cards for that.  I had lots of fun making these mini cards.  Although, I would have preferred to have some pre-cut mini cards on hand.  I found some at the local bargain store AFTER I had finished all these cards.  Talk about kicking myself. Check these out.
Excuse my finger... inspired by this pin and a tutorial for partial embossing here

Inspired by this

If you are a regular around here, you will know
that I love this basic card layout and technique.  
It works for any occasion and this one was no exception! 

 Now for the birthdays.  I'm trying to get ahead of the curve again so there are a quite a few of these.
This was just a simple layering card. 
I used my new rough squares die set. :) 
I made this one for my grandmother. 

I had fun making this card.  Inspired by this pin


More layering with my rounded rectangle die set and my Happy Birthday die. 
I had heaps of these textured papers from the Go Wild Decorative Papers from Kaiser Craft.
So, I decided to use them.  


I recreated one of  Catherine Pooler's KISS cards
As Catherine suggests, I used the stamps I had on hand,
as I didn't have the stamps she used. 


I whipped up this card in under half an hour! 
Some washi tape, and a new Happy Birthday stamp 
added to some decorative paper I had left over
from another card went together nicely. 
I'm really proud of it! 
Last one for now... a Fathers' Day Card for my grandfather.  He loves fishing and passed on that love to my Dad and uncles.  Many memories were forged on the end of a pier or in a boat with a fishing line in our hands.
My aunty sent me a bunch of stickers and die cuts when I asked for anything
I could use for a fishing themed card for Fathers' Day. 
There are more that I have added to my stash now.  

Next Week: more cards that I made recently, including some new techniques I tried out - with mixed levels of success!